Are you interested in inspecting this property?
Get in touch to request an inspection.
Somerset House' - A property for the ages
- 5 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 2 Cars
Positioned on the high side of Burra's leafy Kangaroo Street this gracious bluestone villa residence possesses exceptional appeal. It is charmingly decorated throughout.
Its stately entrance hall leads to eight main rooms, all of generous proportions and complemented by four metre ceilings. Those of the reception rooms being brilliantly ornate.
While this could be a five bedroom home the eight rooms of the main building are presently disposed as:
- Kitchen complete with a breakfast/sun room accessed through French doors,
- Formal dining room with highly ornate carved and turned mantle fire surround,
- Lounge/living room also with turned and carved mantle surround.
- Studio and
- Three bedrooms.
- Fully tiled bathroom/toilet exhibiting heritage decor.
- There is a generously proportioned walk in pantry.
Ducted zoned evaporative air-conditioning has been installed throughout the home.
Heating is by way of a slow combustion stove and reticulated gas (not currently in use) and four open fire places.
- The original Bluestone three roomed detached maid's quarters at the rear houses the upgraded second bathroom/toilet, laundry and store facilities.
Relaid mains water reticulation is complemented by a triple filter system and a heat exchange hot water unit.
The generous double garage is accessed via a side lane. It is powered, has a concrete floor and remotely controlled roller doors. It is complemented by an elevated covered deck offering views of the extensive garden and fishpond as well as distant Burra hills.
This house at 14 Kangaroo Street Burra is arguably one of the finest homes to be offered for sale in recent times.
Price Guide $445,000
Contact Mark O'Meagher 0424 156 780
Floor plan: Bedrooms 5: Bath room/toilets 2: Car garaged 2: Land size 2500 square metres
- Air Conditioning
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
- Secure Parking
2,500m² / 0.62 acres
2 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.