Prime agricultural land with excellent cropping history
611.94ha (approx. 1512.10acres).
Lot 1 168.74ha
Lot 2 288.2ha
Lot 3 106.4ha
Lot 4 48.96ha + homestead & shedding.
- Glen Eagle is located in the highly regarded and renowned Mintaro/Merilden area, approx. 150kms north of Adelaide.
- The property comprises approx. 584ha (1443 acres) of gently undulating rich fertile arable cropping land of red brown and black loam type soils. The balance includes a handy grazing parcel on the eastern portion of the property .
- Each lot is fenced into large main paddocks for ease of farming all with generally sound stock fencing comprising of 6 line cyclone with barb, spacers & pine posts.
- The property is very well watered by bores & dams strategically placed.
- The Merilden area is generally regarded as approx. 450mm rainfall per annum.
Lot 4 includes improvements as follows:
- Attractive four bedroom stone homestead (circa 1902) in wonderful garden setting
- Central hall with character features including polished floor boards and pressed tin ceilings
- Lovely country style eat in kitchen with slow combustion heating
- Great living space within the home including spacious living/dining room and sunroom
- Double garage + single car garage
- Beautifully landscaped gardens surrounds the home with mature trees and shrubs
- Approx.180,000L of rain water storage
- 121 olive trees
- Fowl run & pigeon loft
- Orchard compirsing varieties lemon, apricot, peach, nectarine, pear, fig, cherry, plum, loquat
- Farm implement shed (approx. 60' x 30')
- Two stand raised board shearing shed, steel framed sheep yards and steel frame cattle yards.
The offering of Glen Eagle presents a wonderful opportunity to acquire a large parcel of highly productive, assured cropping land in a renowned area. The Mintaro area is arguably some of the best farming land available in the Lower and Mid-North area of SA, well suited to a diverse entries mix of broad acre cropping, hay production and livestock production.
Glen Eagle is presented for sale in excellent condition with an ongoing fencing replacement program, secure water sources, easy access to all paddocks and quality improvements including a most attractive four bedroom homestead.
Glen Eagle has been part of the same family ownership for the past 65 years, providing a once in a generation opportunity to purchase this outstanding property. To be offered as a whole or in 4 non-contingent lots which presents as a genuine stand-alone enterprise or farm build up opportunity.
Your inspection is highly recommended. Auction | 2pm, Friday 21st October 2016 (INSP).
Geoff Schell 0418 842 421
Daniel Schell 0415 436 379
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.